San Felipe de Austin Cemetery
SAN FELIPE de AUSTIN CEMETERY ASSOCIATION, INC.
PO Box 300
San Felipe, TX 77474-0300
Floral & Landscaping Rules and Regulations Revised June 1, 2015
- All graves shall be covered with soil, no stones or rocks allowed on top of grave due to the damage they cause to the mowers and the danger of flying rocks when mowed. No fencing, hedge, curbing, coping, or border of any kind is to be placed on or around any grave. Curbing and coping hold water which causes damage to the graves and to the cemetery grounds.
- All monuments are to be placed at the head of the grave within the grave boundary lines. No monuments, statues, benches or planters will be allowed in the middle of a grave. (* A United States Government marker will be allowed to be placed at the very foot of the grave if the deceased was a United States Veteran.) No monuments are to be set until the Cemetery Association has been contacted, the site staked out, and permission given to set the monuments. The monument company must call to set up a time to meet a member of the Association at the cemetery on the day they plan on setting the monument.
- Floral displays and wreaths will be allowed to remain on a grave until they become faded, unsightly or begin to fall apart about the grave. The judgment as to whether they are unsightly and should be removed will be made by a member of the Board of Directors. If any family member of the deceased desires to retain flowers or wreaths after a burial, they must remove them before leaving cemetery or notify the San Felipe de Austin Cemetery Association within 24 hours and specify which ones they want saved and agree to remove them within 10 days. (*The San Felipe de Austin Cemetery Association is not responsible for any flowers or wreaths removed from the burial site by the general public.)
- The San Felipe de Austin Cemetery Association will remove any container, planting, grave decorations, effigy, structures, benches or other objects placed on the graves contrary to the Rules and Regulations put forth in this document, especially if it is hindering the mowers and the upkeep of the cemetery.
- The San Felipe de Austin Cemetery Association is not responsible for filling in sunken graves or any leaning tombstones.
- The San Felipe de Austin Cemetery Association is not liable for any injuries or accidents that may occur while visitors are on the grounds of the cemetery.